Department of Student Affairs, SRM University-AP, Andhra Pradesh has arranged Science Quiz on the eve of National Science Day to appreciate the extensive scientific contribution of the researchers and scholars. Science is an integral part of an individual’s life, especially in the modern era when we are surrounded by immensely complex scientific concepts. Also, Science plays a pivotal role in enabling young minds to think, learn, solve problems, and make informed decisions. As students thrive in an increasingly technologically and scientifically advanced world, they are intrigued by the fascinating world of Science and Technology. On February 27, 2021, at 5 PM, the students get the opportunity to flaunt their flair for science and technology by excelling in the Science Quiz.
On February 28, 1928, Sir C V Raman discovered the Raman effect, for which he was awarded the Nobel Prize in 1930. National Science Day is observed every year on this day to commemorate the contributions made by scientists towards the development of our nation and the world as a whole. Further, the day is celebrated to create awareness concerning the role of science in society.
Following the theme of National Science Day 2021- ‘Future of STI: Impact on Education Skills and Work’, SRM University-AP, Andhra Pradesh has organized a panel discussion on February 27, 2021, at 4 PM. During the session, Prof Ranjit Thapa, Department of Physics, Dr Imran Pancha, Department of Biology, Dr Karthik Rejendran, Department of Environmental Science, Dr Manjula R, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, and Prof Jayaseelan Murugaiyan, Department of Biotechnology (Moderator) will be deliberating on “The Future of science is faster and exciting than you think.”
During the session, the eminent professors will be discussing the application of new techniques for the development of science. Ideas will also be spawned to provide opportunities to scholars pursuing science, thus accelerating the pace of scientific development. Subsequently, the panel will manifest the exponentially improving technologies that require a transformation in the pedagogy, education, curriculum, and skill enhancement approaches while imparting knowledge to the young minds.
The grandest conglomerate of Human Resource experts is joining National HR Conclave-2021, organised by SRM University-AP in association with GWFM. The conclave has been scheduled on February 27, 2021. Following the theme of the conclave, “Leading the Disruption- The HR Agenda for 2021“, the meeting of great minds will provide solutions to recent challenges in Human Resource and Operations. Human Resource professionals across India will attend the conclave. Senior Human Resource Leaders from reputed companies such as KPMG, Airbus, IBM, Informatica, Standard Chartered Bank, Flipkart, Shriram Bio-seeds, NCC Ltd, NOKIA, Infosys BPO, Volvo Group, Reliance Jio, Western Digital, Visa, Accenture, Xperi Corp, Western Digital, Kromozones Software Pvt. Ltd, DST Worldwide will deliver keynote speeches and participate in Panel Discussions throughout the day. The Conclave is being organised in association with Global Workforce Management Forum.
Companies are bound to cope with the dynamic shifts in consumer appetite, societal values and regulatory controls. Climate change and economic slowdown, anti-capitalism crusaders and hashtag politics also causes disruption on business as usual. To thrive in the constantly shifting world, Human Resource demands thoughtful approaches in strategy, leadership and enhanced capabilities to influence all stakeholders.
This provides a challenge to Human Resource professionals to bring forth a sustainable approach that can subdue disruptions’ harmful effects. Experts from reputed national and multinational companies will discuss the possibilities to add value to the corporate culture in the various daylong panel discussions and keynote talks.
Global Workforce Management Forum, founded in June 2014 by Dr Shiva Kumar and Partho Ganguly, is the world’s first WFM Forum. It is a non-profit professional organisation comprising of a group of Senior WFM & HR professionals committed to promoting the WFM movement on the global platform. The forum also focuses on enhancing the capabilities of the workforce so that they can compete globally, adding value to society. GWFM is committed to the development of the workforce through education, training, research and shared experience. The fastest-growing professional forum is a trendsetter where they discuss current and future happenings in the global business. GWFM has 20,000+ members representing top multinationals, public & private organisations, including top Universities across the world.
Schedule of the Programme:
- 8:45 am -Welcome Address by GWFM
- 9:00 am- Welcome Note by SRM University-AP
- 9:15 am- Keynote Speech: Leadership strategies to rebuild trust and resilience
Speaker: Unmesh Pawar, Partner – People Performance & Culture- KPMG India
- 10:00 am- Panel Discussion-1: Digital, data and disruptions: Leveraging on talent analytics to predict the next HR-led approach for business
Moderator: Aditya Pal Singh, Director Talent Acquisition Informatica
- 12:00 noon- Strategic Keynote Speech: The future of HR – reimagined
Speaker: Suraj Chetri, Director HR Airbus India
- 12:45–1:45 pm : Lunch Break
- 1:45 pm- PANEL Discussion 2: HR strategies to build flexibility, adaptability, and agility
Moderator: Debjani Roy, Chief HR Officer -Mind Your Fleet (Kromozones Software Pvt. Ltd.)
- 3:35 pm- Panel Discussion 3 : Effective engagement: Integrating talent development frameworks within the succession management strategy
Moderator: Grace Samson, Vice President- HR , Informatica
- 4:45 pm- Closing Keynote Speech: Future-proofing workforce 2020: Upskilling employees for future-oriented career trajectories
Speaker: Augstus Azariah, Human Resource Leader IBM
- 5:15 pm- Vote of Thanks
- Unmesh Pawar, Partner – People Performance & Culture- KPMG India
- Aditya Pal Singh, Director, Talent Acquisition Informatica
- Param Veer Singh Narang, VP -Head Early Careers, Standard Chartered GBS – India, Malaysia & Poland
- Rakesh Jain, Head TA -Grant Thornton LLP
- Anupam Srivastava, Director, Talent Acquisition – EMEA/APAC- Xperi Corporation
- Suraj Chetri, Director, HR Airbus India
- Debjani Roy, Chief HR Officer -Mind Your Fleet (Kromozones Software Pvt. Ltd.)
- Raghavendra K, Senior Vice President and Global Head – HRD, Infosys BPM
- Gaurav Saini, HR Director-HMD Global( Nokia Phones)India, Asia Pacific Region & Middle East Africa
- Kiranmai Pendyala, Head of Human Resources, India -Western Digital
- Harjeet Khanduja VP HR –Reliance JIO
- Pawan Shetty, Vice President – Head of HR, APAC – Technology at Visa
- Grace Samson, Vice President- HR, Informatica
- IVS Ranganath, Head HR-Shriram Bioseed Genetics (A Division of DCM Shriram Ltd)
- Metzen Cherian, Director-HR (Culture, Organizational Development & Talent Management) Volvo Group
- Narayan Rao K, Head – HR -NCC Limited
- Ajay Gaachi, Principal Director Accenture Strategy – HR Strategy & Transformation
- Sudhir Mattoo, Partner, Talent & Transformation Consulting Practice at IBM
- Augustus Azariah, Human Resource Leader IBM
- Prajakta Kanaglekar, Senior Director, Flipkart
- Dr Shivakumar, Founder, GWFM
- Partho Ganguly, Co-founder, GWFM
- Deepak Gupta, Sr. Director & Head – HR at SS&C Technologies
- Prof VS Rao, Vice-Chancellor, SRM University – AP
- M S Vivekanandan, AGM – CR & CS, SRM University – AP
SRM University-AP, Andhra Pradesh presents a workshop on “Researcher Profiles and Indexing” to stimulate the faculty members and PhD Scholars to build and professionalize their profile for improved visibility. A profile accumulates all the research and publications of scholars, mitigating common problems that often arise in searching. Actively managing the research profile enhances the impact of the research, and potentially discover audiences and collaborators. Further, it helps in comprehending the research trends, facilitating researchers to embark on significant research projects.
On February 20, 2021, at 3 PM, Prof D Narayana Rao, Pro Vice-Chancellor, SRM University-AP will initiate the workshop by addressing and welcoming the audience. Further, Dr Karthik Rajendran, Assistant Professor, Department of Environmental Science, SRM University-AP will host the workshop where he will empower his colleagues to augment the visibility of their research works in the digital space. During the session, Dr Karthik will advise the audience on employing Scimago JR, Scopus profiles, ORCID, Scopus and ORCID, and Publons and ORCID. An interactive session will follow where Dr Karthik will be resolving the queries of the audience through discussions and deliberations.