Research in the department encompasses the disciplines of chemical sciences, including organic, inorganic, physical, and theoretical/computational chemistry. Furthermore, research laboratories in these traditional areas pursue problems at the interface of biology (i.e., chemical biology) and materials science (i.e., nano-science and materials chemistry). We benefit greatly from a highly interdisciplinary and collaborative environment that involves strong interactions with other premier institutions across India and around the world.
SPECIFIC RESEARCH AREAS
- New Synthetic Methods in Organic Chemistry
- Heterogeneous Catalysis
- Computational Chemistry
- Hybrid Nanomaterials for Multi-modal Functionalities
- Understanding the Fundamentals of Controlled Assembly with Inorganic Nanocrystals, i.e., Polymerizations at Mesoscale.
- Functional Nanomaterials for Theranostic Applications
- Core/Shell Semiconductor Nanocrystals
- Inorganic Nanocrystals
- Optoelectronic Device Fabrication
- Solid state electrochemistry, thermodynamics, and solution calorimetry
- Metal Oxide Catalysis (Environmental catalysis)
- Ultra-high temperature ceramics, synthesis & calorimetry above 1500 C
- Solid state chemistry, and Material science)