The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering invites applications from bright and aspirant postgraduate Electrical Engineering students for admission to the Doctoral programme. The Department provides world-class facilities and the best working environment for the research students. The areas of research in the Department are as follows.
• Control Systems and Automation
• High Voltage Engineering
• Electrical Machines and Drives
• Power Electronics
• Power Systems
• Smart Grid Technologies
The candidate should have a Master degree (M.Tech./M.E.) in any core Electrical Engineering specializations with minimum first-class marks.
1. The eligible applicants will be called for written test, which is conducted based on the core Electrical Engineering syllabus.
2. Further, the candidates will be shortlisted for a technical interview based on the combined evaluation of written test performance and M.Tech./M.E. percentage.
3. The technical interview will be conducted by the expert committee panel.
4. The final selection of the candidate will be decided by the expert committee panel based on overall performance and the availability of supervisors in the selected research area of choice.
Attractive monthly assistantships will be provided to the selected regular PhD candidates.
Minimum 3 years
1. The student is required to complete the four-course works related to research area within two semesters.
2. After successful completion of course works, the student should be qualified for the Comprehensive Exam within four semesters.
3. The Doctoral Committee reviews the performance of the student regularly.
4. The student must publish a minimum of two peer-review journal publications before his/her final defense.