Department Coordination committee has been constituted with the sole intention to act as an interface between faculty, students, staff of Electronics and Communication Engineering Department. The committee takes up issues related to academics, internships, exams, placements, labs etc reported by students and resolves them by bringing it to the notice of the Competent Authority who can resolve the issue.
Department Coordination Committee Shall Comprise –
• Head of the Department (Invited Member)
• Three/Four faculty to be nominated by the HOD (Faculty Members)
• Two students per section (one male and one female) to be nominated by the students of the section
Nomination Process for Students and Eligibility:
• Every year we ask students to send nominations to the department coordination committee positions.
• B.Tech who is having 7.5 CGPA and no backlogs can send nominations. The names of the students will be circulated among the section and student who is supported by most of the classmates will become part of the committee.
• To provide the chance to more students, committee recommended to allow the students to participate the elections only once
• Elections will be conduted for only 2nd, 3rd and final year students.
• In case, if no students come forward from any section, then committee can nominate the representatives for that concerned section.
• Based on the number of sections, we will have representation from all years.
• Two student members who enters in their 3rd semester from PG (one per specialization) and One PHD will also be part of the committee.
• Every year this process should be completed within first 10 days of new semester start.
• Committee is allowed to conduct one more election among class representatives to elect batch representatives. The whole committee will meet once a month. Based on the severity of the issues and students, committee can involve the class representatives and batch representatives in our meetings on adhoc basis during the month.
Nomination Process for the Faculty:
• The faculty coordinators will be nominated by the HOD in consultation with the faculty. Nomination of faculty goes in a rotation format so that all faculty will be part of the committee.
• This committee should meet monthly at least once and can also meet more than that depending on the emergency of student's issues and forward the minutes to HOD immediately after the meeting.
• HOD is the permanent member of the committee, who will attend all the meetings.
• The decisions made by the committee will be discussed as one of the agenda items of department faculty meetings.
• The primary objective of the committee is to understand the student's needs/ problems and recommend possible actions to the department.
• Due to any issues if some of the committee members leave in between the semester, then those members can be replaced by the above procedure.