Computer Science and Engineering is a fast evolving discipline and this is an exciting time to become a Computer Scientist! We are living in the midst of an extraordinary transformation of the way we live, powered by computers. This transformation has impacted every aspect of society – from communication, manufacturing, transportation, medical care, governance, education, entertainment, and social interactions. Our curriculum prepares the students by providing a strong foundation in the computer science discipline and opportunities to specialize in the emerging areas of computer science such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Big Data Analytics, Cyber Security, Internet of Things (IoT) and Distributed and Cloud computing. Students are provided with opportunities to get good hands on experience by doing projects of multidisciplinary nature and to gain experience in real-world applications and practices through industry internships. Students will get exposure to ongoing research problems and the methodology of research and innovation through the Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (UROP).
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering aims to create technology innovators and leaders who can shape the future of society through technical, research and entrepreneurial skills not only in the field of computer science and engineering but also in the intersection of multiple scientific fields with a strong interdisciplinary approach.
• Ensuring technical proficiency by adopting efficient teaching and learning process through active learning.
• To promote inter disciplinary education and research by facilitating the exchange of ideas among a diverse community of scholars, teachers, and students.
• To become rich source of knowledge and skills for industrial needs.
• Creating excellent research environment not only by providing in-house research facilities, but also by establishing collaboration with reputed national and international research organizations.
• Inculcating managerial skills to become competitive entrepreneurs.