SRM University, AP Amaravati and CDAC Hyderabad have jointly launched an M.Tech with specialization of Electronic Product Design (EPD). It offers bright and aspired graduates a unique opportunity for higher education in Electronics Engineering to build a promising career in the field of electronics. The program is expected to train people in core electronics field to contribute towards the growth of industry and also to pursue entrepreneurship in the area of electronic product design. With the blend of interdisciplinary topics involved like Industrial Design, VLSI Design, IC packaging etc. this program is expected to provide a unique opportunity for students to have hands-on experience and expertise in electronic product design.
Two year (4 semesters) programme
- 1st and 2nd semesters course work will be at SRM University AP, Amaravati
- 3rdand 4thsemesters project work will be at C-DAC Hyderabad
- Well established Infra-structural facilities
- Lab experiments relevant to industry standards
- Course curriculum designed with nearly two-third of the programme duration spent on learning through Hands-on/Practical work.
The Electronics and Hardware Industry growth trend and its existing contribution to the global electronics industry indicate that the share of IT Hardware and Electronics Manufacturing Industry has the potential to grow manifolds in India in terms of output and employment. The Government of India has announced number of initiatives in the country to create adequate infrastructure and ecosystem for manufacturing high tech electronic products. As the Industry is expected to grow multi-fold in near future, there is also a requirement to have trained man-power who are capable to carry out electronic product design and development. The man-power is expected to have detailed knowledge/skills in various domains like Industrial Design, Electronic Packaging, Embedded software including RTOS and Driver Development, FPGA based System Design, etc. The M.Tech programme in Electronics Design and Technology is designed with support from experts in various fields, so as to incorporate these multi-disciplinary aspects as well as provide an in-depth hands-on experience.
- Applied Maths for Manufacturing and Design
- Analysis and Design of Analog Integrated Circuits
- Advanced Digital System Design
- Electromagnetic Interference and Compatibility in System
- Advanced Embedded Systems Design
- Elective I
List of Electives
- Design of low power circuits.
- Semiconductor device modelling and simulations.
- RF IC design.
- Optical VLSI.
- Industrial Design of Electronic Products
- MEMS and Applications
- Design for Quality and Reliability
- Elective II
- Elective III
List of Electives
- IC manufacturing.
- Advanced Digital Signal Processing.
- Mixed Signal IC Design.
- Manufacturing Engineering.
Semesters 3 and 4
Project work at CDAC for one year.
- The candidates for admission would be selected by SRM University AP, Amaravati through an interview/ counselling on the basis of merit in GATE. Details of Interview will be communicated to the shortlisted candidates.
Final selection will be based on GATE score, Academic record, relevance of qualifying degree and performance in Interview.