1. Choice Based Credit System, wherein students have flexibility to choose their courses from the list of electives.
2. Option of obtaining minor degrees.
3. Depending upon the interest of student s/he can pursue higher education from prestigious universities.
4. The vast and comprehensive curriculum offers an advantage to prepare for the civil service exams
5. Continuous evaluation through seminar, tutorials and assignments helps to develop writing and communication skills.
6. A strong focus on world system history and connected history that can help to develop skills required in rapidly changing world and economy.
7. Students at the History Department can also conduct research with the supervision of faculty members.
8. Scholarship programme that covers tuition and hostel fees for the students.