1. Mitochondrial dynamics in aging and stress
Under the Implementing arrangements between DST SERB and European Research Council (ERC), Dr. Thondamal recently visited Pasteur Institute, Paris, to establish a C. elegans facility to conduct research work on role of mitochondrial morphology regulators in C. elegans aging and stress. In a close association with Mitochondrial Biology research group (headed by Dr. Timothy Wai) at Pasteur Institute, Dr. Thondamal is working on genes which regulate mitochondrial fusion and fission process and how alterations in mitochondrial dynamics affects health and lifespan of an organism.
2. Dr. Sutharsan presented his research work at the UGC-sponsored National Conference on ‘Recent Advances in Agriculture and Biomedical Research (RAABR- 2020)’ organized by Acharya Nagarjuna University on 6-7th March 2020. For his research contributions, Dr. Sutharsan was awarded 2020 - Prof. V.S. Ramadas Young Scientist Award.
3. Dr. Sutharsan gave a special invited talk in the “International Conference on Obesity, Diabetes and Cardiology – Trends in Genomics and Proteomics” at Madurai Kamaraj University on 25-26th February, 2020. His full talk can be listened through this link.
4. Dr. Sutharsan Govindarajan has been awarded the prestigious 2020-2025: DST INSPIRE Faculty award.
To know more please visit
5. Dr. Anil K. Suresh has been awarded with Gold Medal for his impactful research
Cancer research to address future challenges in early diagnosis and treatments
Association of Biotechnology and Pharmacy recognized the pioneering research of Dr. Anil K. Suresh, Associate Professor, Department of Biotechnology, SRM University, AP by honoring him with the "Outstanding Researcher Gold Medal Award" on December 20th, 2019 at Vignan’s Foundation for Science, Technology & Research, Guntur. Dr. Anil’s revolutionary research encompasses nano-technology enabled smart nanobeads for cancer theranostic and clinical medicine. Through his research, he designs nanoparticles for timely diagnosis and targeted treatment of the otherwise terminal diseases to solve future challenges in biomedicine.
To know more please visit
6. Dr. Anil K. Suresh elected as Associate Fellow by Andhra Pradesh Academy of Sciences for his outstanding research
Very recently Andhra Pradesh Academy of Sciences elected Dr. Anil K. Suresh, Associate Professor, Department of Biotechnology, SRM University, AP as an Associate Fellow for “Outstanding contribution for in Science and Technology” on December 28th, November 2019 at Dr. B. R. Ambedkar University, Srikakulam. Dr. Anil’s revolutionary research encompasses nano-technology enabled smart nanovectors for early diagnosis of cancer and cancer theranostics. His research mainly focuses of the implementation of engineered nanocarriers for various imaging, selective targeting of cancer, early diagnosis, cell nanoparticles interactions assessments, nano-microbe cross-talk, single protein accustomed design of camouflaged Nanovesicles.
7. Dr. Imran Pancha serves as a ‘Guest Editor’ for the special issue ‘Algal Biomass’ in the journal ‘Plants’ (IF-2.6)
8. Dr. Sutharsan Govindarajan has published an article in ‘Nature Microbiology’. To know more please visit
9. Dr. Imran Pancha has published an article in ‘Plant and Cell Physiology’.
10. Dr. Writoban Basu Ball has published an article in ‘Biochim Biophys Acta Molecular and Cell Biology of Lipids’.