Journalism Scope and Opportunity
- Choice Based Credit System, wherein students have flexibility to choose their courses from the list of electives.
- Option of obtaining minor degrees.
- Depending upon the interest of students/he can pursue higher education from prestigious universities.
- The vast and comprehensive curriculum offers an advantage to prepare for the civil service exams
- Continuous evaluation through seminar, tutorials and assignments helps to develop writing and communication skills.
- A strong focus on contemporary media practice.
- Students at the Department of Journalism can also conduct research with the supervision of faculty members.
- Scholarship programme that covers tuition and hostel fees for the students.
Future plans and opportunities
- Can choose to become a Journalist in ever increasing media industry.
- Become a copywriter, columnist, editor.
- Be an independent content creator in social media platform like YouTube.
- Get into academia and take up research career on media studies.
- Public services and administration
- Public speaker
- Author or Writer for non- profit organisation.
- Become Public Policy Advisor.