- International Economics
- Open-Economy Macroeconomics
- Machine Learning Applications
- Currency mismatches, economic growth and financial crises
- Predicting economic outcome using machine learning applications
- Portfolio investment and direct investment
- Dollar dominance, trade invoicing and global value chains
- 2015 – Pratiba Award – Government of Andhra Pradesh
- 2014 – Qualified the UGC-NET for Junior Research Fellowship in Economics
- 2014 – First Ranker – Andhra University
- 2013 – Topper Award (Academic excellence) – Government of Andhra Pradesh
- 2018 – UGC Senior Research Fellowship (SRF) in Economics
- 2016 – UGC Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) in Economics
- The Resurgence of Currency Mismatches: Emerging Economies are not out of the Woods Yet? – Hari Venkatesh, Gourishankar S.H – International Economics and Economic Policy, 1-22 (2021).
- Currency Mismatches in Emerging Market Economies: Is Winter Coming? – Hari Venkatesh and Gourishankar S.H – Bulletin of Monetary Economics and Banking 23(1), 25-54 (2020).
- Foreign Institutional Investors: Fair-Weather Friends or Smart Traders? – Hari Venkatesh, Gourishankar S.H, K. Jyoti, and H. Roy – Journal of Quantitative Economics, 19, 291- 316 (2021).
- Sports sentiment and behaviour of stock prices: a case of T-20 and IPL cricket matches – Hari Venkatesh, Gourishankar S.H, and Choudhury M – Review of Behavioral Finance 11(3), 266-276 (2019).