Eligibility for B. Tech Programs (Duration: 4 years)
(a) Nationality and Age
Resident Indian or Non-Resident Indian (NRI), holder of PIO or OCI card issued by Government of India are eligible to apply for Selection Process.
Note: NRIs, holders of PIO or OCI card issued by Government of India must apply under International student category only.
Should have attained the age of 16 + on the 31st July of the calendar year in which the 12th Board or examination is to be held.
(b) Qualifying Examination:
All B. Tech programmes:
Minimum 60% aggregate in PCM
(i) Passed in the Higher secondary examination (10+2 pattern) or appearing in Higher Secondary examination in the current academic year with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) as major subjects in the regular stream from any state board within India, CBSE, ISCE, Matriculation, or NIOS
(ii) International Baccalaureate (IB) A-level with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as major subjects in any International school within India
(c) SRMJEEE (UG) 2019
Candidates who have attempted Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics in the SRMJEEE (UG) are eligible for all the B.Tech. degree programs
Selection into B. Tech programs:
If applying through SRMAP Admissions Portal
- This process is applicable only for those students who have applied for SRMAP exclusively.
- Admission Panel will review applications and send counselling invites to the eligible candidates.
- Counselling will be conducted at Amaravati from 29 April to 2 May 2019. During the Interview, Admission Panel will gauge candidate’s performance on pre-defined criteria such as academic scores, Verbal Ability, Analytical Ability, and Motivation.
- Branch allocation is strictly on merit list considering academic performance duly normalized by SRMAP and performance in the interview.
- An admissions waitlist may be prepared, available seats will be allotted based on waitlisted rank
Admission through Common Application i.e. SRMJEEE(UG) 2019
- Applicable only for those students who have filled Common SRMJEEE (UG) 2019 application form.
- B.Tech counselling for 2019 will be held in all the six SRM campuses viz., Kattankulathur, Ramapuram, Ghaziabad, Vadapalani, Sonepat and Amaravati simultaneously from 3rd May 2019 to 10th May 2019 (except 6th May). Any candidate who qualifies in SRMJEEE (UG) 2019 can travel to any campus of his / her choice and at the time of his / her turn, can choose any university (SRMIST, SRM-Haryana, SRM-AP), any campus and any branch / specialisation, depending on the counselling schedule, SRMJEEE rank order and availability of seats.
- Allotment of Branch will be strictly based on ranks obtained in SRMJEEE (UG) 2019, subject to the availability of seats.
Admission through IITJEE(Main) or SAT scores
- The SRMAP will draw a Merit List, solely on the basis of total percentile obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in JEE (Main) 2019 Examination or score obtained in SAT Exam, of only those applicants who have applied to the SRMAP for admission and fulfil the Eligibility Criteria mentioned above.
- The seats would be awarded on basis of availability and rank/ scores of the candidates. There would be no upgrade of seat possible.
Eligibility for M.Tech Programs (Duration: 2 Years)
|Specialization||Eligibility (A basic degree or equivalent in the following with a minimum aggregate of 50%)|
|Computer Science and Engineering - Data Science||B.E / B.Tech. in CSE / IT / SWE (or) M.Sc. (CSE / IT/Maths) (or) MCA with a valid GATE Score or SRMJEEE (PG)|
|Computer Science and Engineering - Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning||B.E / B.Tech. in CSE / IT / SWE (or) M.Sc. (CSE / IT/Maths) (or) MCA with a valid GATE Score or SRMJEEE (PG)|
|Computer Science and Engineering - Cyber Security||B.E / B.Tech. in CSE / IT / SWE (or) M.Sc. (CSE / IT/Maths) (or) MCA with a valid GATE Score or SRMJEEE (PG)|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering - Electronics Product Design and Development||B.E / B.Tech. in ECE / ICE / EEE / EIE with a valid GATE score or SRMJEEE (PG)|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering - Energy Systems||B.E / B.Tech. in EEE with a valid GATE score or SRMJEEE (PG)|
|Mechanical Engineering - Robotics||B.E / B.Tech. in Mechanical Engg. / Production Engg. / Industrial Engg. / Automobile Engg. / Aerospace / Aeronautical Engg. / Mechatronics Engg. / ECE / EEE / ICE / CSE (or) AMIE (Mech) / AMAeSI(Aero) / IMechE (or) any equivalent degree in the above Disciplines with a valid GATE score or SRMJEEE (PG)|