Acting President & Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs | American University Phnom Penh, Cambodia. (2015 & 2016)
Acting President and Vice President of the University providing administrative leadership in all academic programs - Writing Program, ESL Program, Admissions, the Library, the Registrar’s Office and Student Affairs.
Dean of Liberal Arts and Humanities, Professor of English and Communication, Bacone College, Oklahoma, USA. (2009 to 2015)
Directed all divisional operations with accountability for scheduling all professors and adjuncts to teach courses in Art, Communication, English, History, Sociology, Religion, Theatre and the Writing Program.
- Designed, launched and managed a new Communication Media Arts Bachelor Degree Program including Website Design
- Designed, launched and managed a new English Degree and Writing Program
- Managed and allocate resources within the annual budget – identify strategic and cost efficient methods to recruit and retain top-performing students, revamp academic programs and build awareness throughout surrounding communities
- Taught Media and Digital Communication, Rhetoric and English Composition 1 & 2
President, IHOP Maui, Hawaii, USA. (1999 to 2008)
Conducted extensive competitive market analysis in order to develop and implement strategic business and financial models to establish 2 profitable restaurants. Created, executed and directed all public relations, hospitality management, promotional, community and media relations campaigns, advertising initiatives and marketing strategies. Hired, trained and managed 70 full-time personnel, with accountability for all human resource and employee relations duties. Developed and led in-depth training programs with an emphasis on quality customer service. Performed all financial management, inventory control and operations oversight for multiple locations. Built relationships and negotiated optimal terms with vendors and suppliers. Adhered to rigorous state and federal regulations.
- Recognized as the Maui Businessman of the Year, 2005
- Developed and implemented strategic sales initiatives to increase sales year over year during entire tenure as President
- Allocated resources and managed an annual budget of $3 Million+
- Outreach in India to help build orphanages
Director of Graduate Studies and Associate Professor, Communication and Writing, University of Hawaii and Hawaii Pacific University, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA. (1994-1999)
Instructed graduate and undergraduate students in a variety of English, Writing and Communication courses as well as directed students preparing Master’s Theses. Allocated departmental budgets, and collaborated with administration and faculty on strategies to increase student recruitment, retention and graduation rates.
- Supervised the Vietnam Veteran Report for the United States Senate, Honolulu, 1996 – recruited, evaluated and directed a team of 7 researchers in the writing, interviewing and ethnographic documentation of 1,000 veterans
- Led the University of Hawaii Community College Accreditation Study – conducted surveys, interviews and prepared the Self-Report Study for the review board
- Supervised the University of Hawaii Employment Training Program – taught English and Communication classes, trained and evaluated teachers and staff; created relationships with local businesses who might hire our graduates.
- Member, University of Hawaii Faculty Senate