- Post-Doctoral Research: Department of Functional Genomics and Cancer, IGBMC, Strasbourg, France. (Advisor: Prof. Pierre Chambon)
- Junior Research Fellow: Virology group, International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB), New Delhi, India. (Supervisor: Dr. Shahid Jameel)
- Development of improved adjuvants to enhance the efficacy of vaccines. Licensed human vaccines for a number of infectious diseases are currently unavailable resulting in increased public health burden. Adjuvants, biological/chemical formulations, which act as either delivery agents and/or immune stimulators are major contributors for effective vaccine development. Besides alum (biased T helper cell response), not many adjuvants are clinically approved for use in human vaccines, paving way for the development of improved adjuvants.
- To understand the molecular mechanism underlying the circadian control of atopic disease biology. Biological clocks present virtually in every cell of the body regulate various physiological and metabolic pathways. I am interested in understanding their role in regulating atopic diseases, the prevalence of which is increasing throughout the world.
- Vaccine immunology
- Atopic disease biology
- Circadian rhythms
- Ganti KP, Mukherji A*, Surjit M*, Li M, Chambon P. Similarities and différences in the transcriptional control of expression of the mouse TSLP gene in skin epidermis and intestinal épithélium. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017 Feb 7;114(6):E951-E960. Impact factor: 9.423.
- Hua G, Ganti KP, Chambon P. Glucocorticoid-induced tethered transrepression requires SUMOylation of GR and formation of a SUMO-SMRT/NCoR1-HDAC3 repressing complex. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016 Feb 2; 113(5): E635-43. Impact factor: 9.423.
- Surjit M, Ganti KP*, Mukherji A*, Ye T, Hua G, Metzger D, Li M, Chambon P. Widespread negative response elements mediate direct repression by agonist-liganded glucocorticoid receptor. Cell. 2011 Apr 15; 145(2): 224-241. Impact factor: 28.71.
- Li M, Hener P, Zhang Z, Ganti KP, Metzger D, Chambon P. Induction of Thymic Stromal Lymphopoietin Expression in Keratinocytes Is necessary for Generating an Atopic Dermatitis upon Application of the Active Vitamin D3 Analogue MC903 on Mouse Skin. Journal of Investigative Dermatology (2009) 129, 498–502. Impact factor: 6.9
- Jameel, S., Yazdani, S., Pani, B., Ganti, K.P., Khan, S.A. A virus-like particle (VLP) candidate vaccine for hepatitis E produced in Escherichia coli. Indian Patent Application no: 2040/DEL/2006.